About Wadhwani Foundation (www.wfglobal.org):
Mission: Accelerating economic development in emerging economies through high-value job creation Objectives: Enabling the creation of 10M jobs and placement of 25M by 2030 across 20-25 emerging economies
Wadhwani Foundation is a not-for-profit with the primary mission of accelerating economic development in emerging economies by driving large-scale job creation through entrepreneurship, innovation and skills development. Founded in 2000 by Silicon Valley entrepreneur, Dr. Romesh Wadhwani, today the Foundation is scaling impact in 25 countries across Asia, Africa, and Latin America through various Initiatives. More details on the various programs at the end of the document.
The Role Context: We are looking for a high-energy, passionate individual excited to work in the entrepreneurship and startup domain. The focus of the role will be to design a curriculum for NEN and upgrade the existing program content to meet the market trends and enable startups to become commercial ventures.
The candidate will be responsible for
Researching and upgrading content for the various programs offered as part of the Wadhwani Entrepreneur
Developing and designing a new curriculum as per the market requirement, feedback from stakeholder, and aligning it with the vision and outcomes of the foundation
Benchmarking the existing courses/program and introducing improvements in them
Identifying subject experts and assigning different modules for program content vetting
Prepare the conceptual decks based on curriculum and solution kits for support the faculty delivery & program outcomes
Deliver sessions for the cohorts and mentor start-ups
Ensuring course materials are made timely available at the NextGen digital platform
Coordinating with the platform team, content curation team and assisting in managing the learning platforms
Skills & Experience:
Various Programs at Wadhwani Foundation:
1. Wadhwani Advantage: Accelerating the growth of tens of thousands of SMEs by providing personalized, on-demand knowledge and consulting resources through an AI-enabled mobile platform to create millions of new jobs.
2. Wadhwani Entrepreneur: Inspiring, educating, and enabling Startup entrepreneurs
3. Wadhwani Opportunity: Empowering millions of students with 21st century employability skills that drive family supporting wages.
4. Wadhwani AI (a partner program): A first-of-its-kind AI research institute in the world – a non-profit dedicated exclusively to applying AI for social good.
5. Wadhwani Catalyst: Invest in high quality entrepreneurs with scalable business models across emerging markets, with a focus in India. The fund will catalyse businesses across sectors, with the overall objective of accelerating economic development by creating livelihoods/ jobs.
6. Wadhwani Institute of Technology and Policy (WITP): Support government and civil society at large with the dual mission of – (1) Providing information, insights, and recommendations for the application of technology for policy making, policy implementation, and policy outcomes measurement. (2) Creating a Technology-focused Training Academy for upskilling policy makers, bureaucrats and technocrats with relevant technologies and the application of the same to their respective ministries and missions.
Wadhwani Corporate Profile: (Click on this link)
WF is a global not-for-profit, and works like a start-up, in a fast-moving, dynamic pace where change is the only constant and flexibility is the key to success.
Three mantras that we practice across job roles, levels, functions, programs and initiatives, are Quality, Speed, Scale, in that order.
We are an ambitious and inclusive organization, where everyone is encouraged to contribute and ideate. We are intensely and insanely focused on driving excellence in everything we do.
We want individuals with the drive for excellence, and passion to do whatever it takes to deliver world class outcomes to our beneficiaries. We set our own standards often more rigorous than what our beneficiaries demand, and we want individuals who love it this way.
We have a creative and highly energetic environment – one in which we look to each other to innovate new solutions not only for our beneficiaries but for ourselves too. Open to collaborate with a borderless mentality, often going beyond the hierarchy and siloed definitions of functional KRAs, are the individuals who will thrive in our environment.
This is a workplace where expertise is shared with colleagues around the globe. Individuals uncomfortable with change, constant innovation, and short learning cycles and those looking for stability and orderly working days may not find WF to be the right place for them.
Finally, we want individuals who want to do greater good for the society leveraging their area of expertise, skills and experience.
The foundation is an equal opportunity firm with no bias towards gender, race, colour, ethnicity, country, language, age and any other dimension that comes in the way of progress.
Join us and be a part of us!